Monday, October 17, 2016

Student Success Statement: Thomas S. Monson

"if your so-called friends urge you to do anything you know to be wrong,you be the one to make a stand for right , even if you stand alone. Have the moral courage to be a light for others to follow." -Thomas S. Monson

I agree with Thomas S Monson because of how much I hear it in other places. There are countless times I have heard, always choose the right even if others think it is wrong. That is exactly what Thomas Monson is saying, you should always advocate the right,even if you stand alone. I also agree with the last sentence of the quote. "have the moral courage to be a light for others to follow." Thomas Monson is saying here that you should be a role model that others should follow. So if you choose the right while everyone is choosing the wrong, you might influence someone else. An example is if you're at a party and everyone else is drinking. You will choose the right because it is right and you will influence someone else to choose the right because they will see someone else choosing the right and they will want to as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment