Thursday, October 6, 2016
Student Success Statement;- James E. Faust
"When obedience becomes out goal, it is no longer an irritation; instead of a stumbling block, it becomes a building block."- James E. Faust
What I think James E. Faust is saying is that when you are obeying just because you have to, it feels weary and it becomes irritable. But once we start thinking of obedience as a goal such as when you strive and try to obey law and rules, you start to consider obedience as a lifestyle as oppose to a rule. An example can be if someone obeyed their parents only because they have to, it becomes an obstacle such as "I want to go out with my friends late at night but my parents don't let me" most would consider that an obstacle or irritation. But, if someone who strives for obedience were to consider this, they would think about it like it is important rule. I personally agree with James E Faust because when I think about it, I feel as if I can see me doing it in my own life. When I try to listen to my elders when they tell me to do something versus when I don't try and just do it. I am usually much more liked when I do. This statement can also go beyond personal rules and apply to laws because someone might see the law as the same way. An obstacle that they think is there just to ruin their fun but also it is really there to protect them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment