What Spencer W. Kimball is teaching us is how if,basically, if we don't apply ourselves and do something, you will never become better at it. Like if you want to try and surf, you can say "I can't surf" well you can never learn if you don't try. That is what Spencer W. Kimball is trying to teach us, to become better at something, you need to do it first. A real life example of this is Kobe Bryant in 1997 he missed a game winning shot against the Utah Jazz. He felt so bad that he missed the shot that could've won the game but his team mate, Shaquille O'Neal, told him he was the only brave one to take the shot. Later on, Kobe Bryant became one of the most feared game finishers of all time, hitting 38 game winners, or buzzer beaters in his career. All because he only did it. I can apply this to my life because during the summer I wanted to get better at playing guitar and I wanted to start playing basketball. So I spent the summer playing basketball, and I got better because I did it. At the start of the summer I couldn't shoot a 3 pointer to save my life but since I went a lot during the summer, I got better and now I can consistently shoot 3 pointers. I learned by doing.
Tuesday, October 4, 2016
Student Success Statement;- Spencer W. Kimball
"We learn to do by doing" - Spencer W. Kimball
What Spencer W. Kimball is teaching us is how if,basically, if we don't apply ourselves and do something, you will never become better at it. Like if you want to try and surf, you can say "I can't surf" well you can never learn if you don't try. That is what Spencer W. Kimball is trying to teach us, to become better at something, you need to do it first. A real life example of this is Kobe Bryant in 1997 he missed a game winning shot against the Utah Jazz. He felt so bad that he missed the shot that could've won the game but his team mate, Shaquille O'Neal, told him he was the only brave one to take the shot. Later on, Kobe Bryant became one of the most feared game finishers of all time, hitting 38 game winners, or buzzer beaters in his career. All because he only did it. I can apply this to my life because during the summer I wanted to get better at playing guitar and I wanted to start playing basketball. So I spent the summer playing basketball, and I got better because I did it. At the start of the summer I couldn't shoot a 3 pointer to save my life but since I went a lot during the summer, I got better and now I can consistently shoot 3 pointers. I learned by doing.
What Spencer W. Kimball is teaching us is how if,basically, if we don't apply ourselves and do something, you will never become better at it. Like if you want to try and surf, you can say "I can't surf" well you can never learn if you don't try. That is what Spencer W. Kimball is trying to teach us, to become better at something, you need to do it first. A real life example of this is Kobe Bryant in 1997 he missed a game winning shot against the Utah Jazz. He felt so bad that he missed the shot that could've won the game but his team mate, Shaquille O'Neal, told him he was the only brave one to take the shot. Later on, Kobe Bryant became one of the most feared game finishers of all time, hitting 38 game winners, or buzzer beaters in his career. All because he only did it. I can apply this to my life because during the summer I wanted to get better at playing guitar and I wanted to start playing basketball. So I spent the summer playing basketball, and I got better because I did it. At the start of the summer I couldn't shoot a 3 pointer to save my life but since I went a lot during the summer, I got better and now I can consistently shoot 3 pointers. I learned by doing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment