Emergency Medical Technician
Marcus Gutierrez
Per 6
Duties and Responsibilities:
Emergency Medical Technicians or EMT’s are special medical professionals that treat people in medical emergency situations. EMT’s must be perform well under highly stressful situations and must be comfortable working with bodily fluids. EMT’s are the factor of a person's life or death so it is important for them to stay calm at all times.
Salary: $31,980
Education: EMT’s have 3 course of education; these courses in order are: EMT-basic, EMT-intermediate and EMT-Paramedic. All these courses have different purpose in the learning process such as the basic level teaching an aspiring EMT to use familiar equipment such as stretches and splint boards. Before even taking these courses an EMT must pass certain prerequisites such as a high school diploma, age requirement, fitness test and background checks.
Demand: There is a lot of demand for EMT’s as the entire field of EMT’s and paramedics is expected to increase 24%
Add a picture: 
Reflection: I would not like to be an Emergency Medical Technician because it is a very stressful job that I would not like to deal with because I would not like a family to think I did not save their loved ones. It would be a very emotional job and I would not like that because I am not sympathetic.
No comments:
Post a Comment