Thursday, October 6, 2016

Medical Career Pathway- Phlebotomist

Marcus Gutierrez
Period 6
Phlebotomist
Duties and Responsibilities:
Phlebotomists are specialized physicians who are trained to draw blood from a patient in a safe and sanitary manner. Phlebotomist may also draw samples or collect blood for blood drives.Formal training and education, and often certification or licensure, are required in order to become a phlebotomist.

Salary:
$31,410

Education:
Aspiring phlebotomist do not need a college degree in their field unlike many medical careers. All phlebotomist need is a high school diploma or its equivalent.It is important they complete Phlebotomy Training Program to actually learn and become a phlebotomist.Once they complete their training they must receive a state licensure.

Demand: There is a lot of demand for Phlebotomist as there is not many people educated about phlebotomy so much so that a 27% increase is projected.

Add a picture:695

Reflection: Although I wouldn’t like it as much as any other job I can theoretically get. I would like to become a phlebotomist. It is a simple job and you do not have to worry about saving someone’s life because all you are doing is withdrawing blood.


No comments:

Post a Comment