Friday, October 21, 2016

Medical Career Pathway;- Health Educator

Marcus Gutierrez
Period 6

Health Educator
Duties and responsibilities:
A health education specialist is a health educator who passed a test in order to demonstrate understanding and academic knowledge in the career. These professionals usually work at nonprofit organizations and schools, teaching the public how to live healthy lifestyles. Health Educators also inform the public on healthy living, disease prevention, nutrition and exercise.
Salary:
$51,960
Education:
Health educators are required to get a bachelor’s degree or higher in health education,public health education, or health promotion. Although a bachelor’s degree is the minimum requirement, it is not uncommon for health educators to have a masters degree.Some programs are offered in the Master of Public Health or Master of Education. In addition to education courses, students in this field often take classes in human development, psychology and social work.

Demand: There is steady demand for health educators as it is expected to increase 11% in the next 10 years.

Add a picture: images

Reflection: I would not like to be a health educator as I do not like the medical field at all and I would not like this job because I would find it boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment