What I think Mark Victor Hansen is trying to say is that you wont accomplish goals if you don't set them. An example is if someone wants to become Valedictorian in their class, how are they going to do it? they need to set goals first! Are they going to get A's on every test? Are they going to do all their homework? These are the goals they need to set. Because if they don't set their goals, they will not accomplish as much. As Mark Victor Hansen also said, specific goals lead to specific results, vague goals lead to vague results. I can connect this to my own life when I had a substitute in 8th grade. She told us about all the stuff she wanted to do, she liked photography so she said she wanted the most expensive DSLR out there. When someone said how expensive it is she responded. I know but I want it and its on my list so I will eventually get it. When someone askedabout her list she said on her closet door, she keeps a list with pictures of everything she wants. She said once you start putting things on that list, you'll eventually start crossing stuff off because you will actively be reminded of it and actively pursue it. I think about this experience often because of how I realized I always want something but never worked for it and forget about it later.
No comments:
Post a Comment