Friday, September 9, 2016

Student Success Statement

"The key to freedom is obedience. The more obedient we are, the more freedom we have." - Boyd K Packer
What I think this student success statement means is that when you are more obedient you are given more freedom. I can relate to this because my mom is very strict, she rarely lets me go out with friends. So I have to behave well so she can be persuaded easier. When I do not behave well, she uses that against me when I ask her. This is why obedience corresponds with freedom. An individual can claim "obedience actually reduces freedom" which can be true to some extent but allow me elaborate; obedience may not always go your way when you crave more freedom but you should still obey anyway. When you are obedient, you might have to be obedient in a way that reduces your freedom. Such as obeying the rules of curfew. But when you obey these rules set by your parents, they will most likely think "since he is always on time arriving at or before curfew, I can trust him stay out a little later. Which leads me to understand this quote.

No comments:

Post a Comment