Thursday, September 29, 2016

Medical Career Pathway; ENT Doctor

Marcus Gutierrez
Period 6
Ear Nose Throat Doctor
Duties and responsibilities:
An otolaryngologist, mostly called an Ear nose throat doctor, focuses in the treatment of the ears, mouth, throat and nose. Besides its focus on the respiratory system, otolaryngology includes the larynx, sinuses, and the structures of the face and neck. Otolaryngologist mostly check for hearing loss, balance disorders, and ringing in the ears. Otolaryngologists treats disorders of the nose like snoring. Otolaryngologists can work in private practice or be employed by a hospital or clinic.

Salary: $369,790

Education:
Future otolaryngologist usually first enroll into a four year medical school and in their last two years, take specialized coursework in otolaryngology. After college otolaryngologists must get a license from their state.

Demand or need: There is not that much need for ENT doctors but it is a stable job to go into.

Add a picture SLUCareOtoAction034.jpg

Reflection; I would not like to be an ENT doctor because I would find it boring and I would not like a boring job.

No comments:

Post a Comment