What I think the meaning of this quote is no matter what bad thing you do that you think was worth it, never feels right. An example is if you see someone drop 50$ and you keep it to yourself. Yes you feel good because you now have 50$ but that good feeling only lasts for a little bit. After a while you start to think how that person probably needed the 50$ for food,housing,rent or anything and you start
to feel bad. When you do good you feel good for a long time. When you do bad, you feel good for a little bit and then feel bad. An example from my life that I can think of was when I forgot to do my homework in 8th grade and I copied off a friend, at first I felt relieved that I wouldn't get a zero, but later if started to wonder if the teacher knew I copied. It made me feel bad thinking I was going to get a zero and also get in trouble. I started to think how it would've been better if I had simply remembered to do my homework I would've not have been so uneasy. I think the inspiration Ezra had to make this quote was probably from his own life where he had done something bad and thought it would make him feel good but as soon as he done it he probably instantly felt bad which inspired Ezra to make the quote.
No comments:
Post a Comment