What President Lincoln meant here was that how his choices affect his attitude. If he decided to CTR and pick up trash that wasn't his, or help someone out with work. He would feel good. If he CTW and threw trash on the floor or leave someone else to do all of his work. He would feel bad or guilty. I feel like this too a lot of the time, when I do good I feel good for the entire day, when I do bad I feel good for a little while and then start to feel bad. I can connect this to a movie I saw in health class. It was about being good. Not just being good but actively trying to be good. A lot of people say they're good because they don't kill,steal, etc. But that doesn't mean they are good. Being good is doing the right thing and helping others,caring for others, and just doing good onto others. Like in the film there was a scenario where the character, George Costanza, was buying a VCR. He was buying the cheaper model VCR and really wanted the higher end version. In the film, the cashier gave him the wrong one without noticing. George wanted to keep the VCR very badly since he got what he wanted, but he knew it was wrong to take the VCR So George returned the VCR, he felt good that he did even though he didn't get the one he wanted but it still made him feel good for doing the right thing.
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Student Success Statement- Abraham Lincoln
"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad" - Abraham Lincoln
What President Lincoln meant here was that how his choices affect his attitude. If he decided to CTR and pick up trash that wasn't his, or help someone out with work. He would feel good. If he CTW and threw trash on the floor or leave someone else to do all of his work. He would feel bad or guilty. I feel like this too a lot of the time, when I do good I feel good for the entire day, when I do bad I feel good for a little while and then start to feel bad. I can connect this to a movie I saw in health class. It was about being good. Not just being good but actively trying to be good. A lot of people say they're good because they don't kill,steal, etc. But that doesn't mean they are good. Being good is doing the right thing and helping others,caring for others, and just doing good onto others. Like in the film there was a scenario where the character, George Costanza, was buying a VCR. He was buying the cheaper model VCR and really wanted the higher end version. In the film, the cashier gave him the wrong one without noticing. George wanted to keep the VCR very badly since he got what he wanted, but he knew it was wrong to take the VCR So George returned the VCR, he felt good that he did even though he didn't get the one he wanted but it still made him feel good for doing the right thing.
What President Lincoln meant here was that how his choices affect his attitude. If he decided to CTR and pick up trash that wasn't his, or help someone out with work. He would feel good. If he CTW and threw trash on the floor or leave someone else to do all of his work. He would feel bad or guilty. I feel like this too a lot of the time, when I do good I feel good for the entire day, when I do bad I feel good for a little while and then start to feel bad. I can connect this to a movie I saw in health class. It was about being good. Not just being good but actively trying to be good. A lot of people say they're good because they don't kill,steal, etc. But that doesn't mean they are good. Being good is doing the right thing and helping others,caring for others, and just doing good onto others. Like in the film there was a scenario where the character, George Costanza, was buying a VCR. He was buying the cheaper model VCR and really wanted the higher end version. In the film, the cashier gave him the wrong one without noticing. George wanted to keep the VCR very badly since he got what he wanted, but he knew it was wrong to take the VCR So George returned the VCR, he felt good that he did even though he didn't get the one he wanted but it still made him feel good for doing the right thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment