Friday, September 9, 2016

9/11 Memorials


On September 11, 2001 the world would change forever.
The September 11 terrorist attacks would take the city of New York
by surprise. It seemed like a normal Tuesday morning for the city of New York. Until it happened,at 8:46am Flight 11 struck the north tower. Instantly causing smoke to billow.
It seemed like it couldn't get any worse but how wrong we were. Later, at 9:03am Flight 175 hit the south tower. Now it couldn't get any worse
but again we were wrong. At 9:37am the pentagon was then struck.
The whole situation could've been even more worse if flight 93 had succeeded in striking the white house. But thankfully, fellow Americans gave their lives.

                 My first recollection of 9/11 was probably in kindergarten but I dont remember much. My first real reflection on it that I remember was 6th grade. I had always heard of 9/11 but never really understood how atrocious it really was. I remember looking at the book my teacher was reading us and seeing the picture of of the two towers burning and billowing with smoke I got this feeling in my gut that I still kind of feel now. I realized how so many innocent people just lost their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment