Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Medical Career Pathway; Mental Health Counselor

Mental Health Counselor
Duties and responsibilities: Mental Health Counselors are like therapists that help clients with mental and emotional issues. Being a mental health counselor requires good listening skills and empathy. Work of this nature is best suited for emotionally mature people.

Salary: $83,214

Education:  In order to become a mental health counselor, almost all states require a master's degree. Schools offer master's degrees in psychology, counseling and other fields. State Licensure is also needed in order to become a mental health counselor.

Demand or need: as with all medical fields, there is always demand for mental health counselors because everyday people need assistance.

Add a picture:Lucy Therapist.jpgman-speaking-with-therapist.jpg

Reflection: I would not like to be a mental health counselor because I feel I would not be empathetic enough to my clients so I wouldnt listen and be able to help them

No comments:

Post a Comment