“Intelligence is not enough, intelligence plus character, that is the goal of true education.”- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
I agree with Dr. King because just having intelligence is not enough to be successful in life. Intelligence PLUS character is the goal of true education. If someone is just intelligent, they will have a successful career but not a happy one, because their lack of character will prevent anyone from like them. If someone just has good character, they will have a nice life but not a good career. Because their lack of intelligence will inhibit them to be able to land a good job. That’s why intelligence and character is the goal of true education. If we are taught that goal of true education is Intelligence AND character, then a lot less people will be homeless and a lot less people would be naive and sinister. The world would be a better place in general. It would be great for this to happen.
Twilight (2008) Movie Script
ReplyDeleteBut dying in the place of someone I love...
Seems like a good way to go.e time with my dad
And this will be a good thing...
So, I can't bring myself to regret the decision to leave home.
I would miss Phoenix,
I'd miss the heat,
I would miss my loving, erratic, harebrained mother
And her new husband.
-Guys, come on!
I love you both, we got a plain to catch.
But they wanna go on the road,
So I'm gonna spend som
I think.
Twilight
In the state of Washington,
Under a near constant cover of clouds and rain,
There's a small town named Forks.
Population: 3120 people.
This is where I'm moving
My dad's Charlie.
He's the Chief of Police.
-Your hair's longer.
-I cut since last time I saw you.
-I guess it grew a lot again.
I used to spend two weeks here
almost every summer,
But it's been years...
-I cleared some shelves up in the bathroom.
Oh, right...
One bathroom.
-It's a pretty good work lamp.
-The Sears lady picked up the bed stuff.
-You like purple, right?
-Purple's cool.
-Thanks.
-Okay.
One of the best things about Charlie...
He doesn't hover.
-I heard you guys coming all the way down the road.
Good to see you.
-Bella, you remember Billy Black...
-Yeah.
-You're looking good.
-I'm still dancing.
-I'm glad youre finally here.
-Charlie here hasn't shut up about it
since you told him you were coming.
-Alright, keep exaggerating...
I'll roll you into the mud
-Until I ram you in the ankles.
-Yeah, bring it!
-Hi, I'm Jacob.
-We used to make mud pies when we were little.
-Right, I remember.
-Are they always like this?
-It's getting worse with old age.
-So, what do you think?
-What?
-Your homecoming present.
-This?
-Just bought it off Billy, here.
-Yep.
-I totally rebuilt the engine for you.
-Come on!
-Oh My Gosh!
-This is perfect!
-You must be joking!
-Sorry.
-I told you she'd love it.
-I'm down with the kids.
-Oh, yeah dude. You're the bomb.
-Okay,
-you gotta double pump the clutch
when you shift but...
-Besides that, you should be good.
-That's this one?
-Yeah, right there.
-Alright.
-You want a ride to school or something?
-I go to school on the reservation.
-Oh, right.
-That's too bad. It would've been
good to know one person.
My first day in a new school.
It's March, the middle of the semester.
Great.
-Nice ride.
-Thanks.
-You're Isabella Swan, the new girl.
-Hi! I'm Eric, the eyes and ears
of this place.
-Anything you need? Tour guide,
lunch date...
-A shoulder to cry on...
-I'm really kind of a more
'suffer in silence' type
-Good headline for your feature.
-I'm on the paper and you're news baby,
-front page.
-Please don't...
-Whoa! Relax...
-No feature.
-Cool?
-Thanks.
-I'm sorry.
-I told them not to let me play.
-No, no... That's...
-You're Isabella, right?
-Just Bella.
-Yeah, hey! I'm Mike... Newton.
-Nice to meet you.
-She's got a great spike, huh?
-I'm Jessica, by the way...
-Hey, you're from Arizona, right?
-Yeah.
-Aren't people from Arizona
supposed to be like... Really tan?
-Yeah, maybe that's why they
kicked me out.
-You're good.
-That's so funny...
-...A Master Piece.
-We're gonna have like this crazy pyramid fall from the sky.
-Hey Mikey! You met my home girl, Bella.
-Oh, your home girl?
-Yeah.
-My girl!
-Oh, Tyler...
-Oh my God,
-it's like first grade all over again.
-You're the shiny new toy.
-Smile!
-Okay...
-Sorry, I needed the candid for the feature...
-Feature's dead, Angela.
-Don't bring it up again.
-It's okay, I just...
-I got your back, baby...
-I guess we'll just turn another
editorial on teen drinking...
-You can always go for...
-The eating disorders...
-Speedo padding on the swim team...
-Actually, that's a good one.
-Yeah, right. That's exactly what I thought.
-We're talking Olympic size.
-There's no way, he's so skinny.
It doesn't make sense...
-Totally
-Who are they?
-The Cullens.
-They're, um...